Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Location. Location. Location!

In order to move forward with a date for the wedding (and sooooo much of the planning is dependent on the date), we have to find the wedding and reception location(s). I've checked out four wedding venues in the area and am still looking.

The best option so far is this little church about 15 minutes south of us. Today I'll just cover the chapel decorations.

Very charming exterior.

The front door to the chapel could be decorated.


It would be lovely with something like this.



Or perhaps something like this.
Of course, the ribbons would be coordinated with the wedding colors.
One of the reasons I like this option is because the initials could become
a keepsake and it does double-duty as a signal for the guests.


Interior of the chapel from the entryway.


We could decorate the aisle by adding flowers and ribbons to the pews on either side.


Or by draping tulle and flowers from the pews.
Either choice is elegant and fairly easy to accomplish.


For the altar area there are several options.


Candles plus a small flower arrangment.
I like this option for several reasons. You have the candles as keepsakes
that you could use during your first year of marriage.
Also, if you want a unity candle in your service, that would be easy to incorporate.
(photo from owlhaven)


Candles on the altar plus candles in stands.


Or just a floral arrangement, with or without unity candle.


All these options/suggestions are adaptable to other locations, but I thought I'd mention them now so you can start thinking about your preferences.

I'll try to get to the reception as soon as I can. I'm still researching the available options and tomorrow I'm on Granny duty ... my favorite pastime ... so it may be a couple of days before I can get it together. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment